Birth Injury Lawyers and Obstetric Malpractice Attorneys
With many birth injuries it may be difficult to determine appear difficult to determine who is at fault: the doctor, OBGYN, or the nursing staff. An experienced attorney is necessary to help sort out the cause of an injury by a medical professional's negligence or substandard care, and can help parents seek compensation for the benefit of their child.
At America's Personal Injury Attorneys, 1-800-INJURYS, we have deep compassion for families suffering from the inattention or negligence of a health care providers. Our experienced birth injury attorneys aggressively pursue medical malpractice claims for birth trauma and obstetrical malpractice.
Contact America's Personal Injury Attorneys, 1-800-INJURYS. America's Personal Injury Attorneys is a national association of skilled and experienced personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers who will aggressively pursue your claim.
Obstetric Malpractice, Birth Trauma, and Cerebral Palsy
Birth injuries cases can be caused by actions or by failing to take action. A birth injury can occur before birth (during the pregnancy), during childbirth, or immediately after birth. Some examples of medical negligence that could result in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Failure to recognize signs of fetal distress
- Failure to recognize signs of respiratory distress and loss of oxygen to the infant's brain (hypoxia)
- Failure to perform a Cesarean (c-section)
- Failure to diagnose labor complications such as breach birth, and failure to perform a c-section if needed
- Failure to diagnose pre-eclampsia in the mother
- Improperly removing the child from the birth canal, resulting in broken bones, Erbs palsy, or shoulder dystocia
- Improper use of medication before or during labor, such as using too much pitocin to hasten labor (this has sometimes been implicated in causing cerebral palsy)
- Improper use of forceps
You may not know at this time if your child's injuries resulted from the doctor's or nurses failure to provide an appropriate standard of care, but our experienced birth injury lawyers can help you receive a proper evaluation so you have the answers you need.
Contact America's Personal Injury Attorneys
at 1-800-INJURYS for a Medical Malpractice Attorney near You
If your child suffered a birth injury, contact a birth injury lawyer at America's Personal Injury Attorneys today.