What to do when you are injured
What To Do If You Have Been Injured
Personal Injury Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident, from a defective product, or other accident? It is important to understand what measures should be taken once an injury has occurred. Contact America's Personal Injury Attorneys at 1-800-INJURYS for assistance. We are an association of qualified personal injury attorneys nationwide representing personal injury victims and their families.
Checklist after a Personal Injury
- Obtain witness information: Obtain the name, address, phone number, or other contact information of any witnesses.
- Start a journal: It is important to write everything down that you remember as soon as possible after the incident before your memory fades or can be persuaded by the police report, accident report, or other individuals' stories.
- Seek appropriate medical attention: You may or may not recognize if an injury has occurred. It is important to seek medical treatment because many symptoms may have a delayed onset.
- Notify the appropriate individuals: Ensure that your job, school, or other important individuals are aware you were injured, in case you may need to miss work or school.
- Do not answer insurance company questions immediately: We understand the value of obtaining insurance coverage for damages incurred. However, it is important to get proper legal advice from an attorney prior to making statements to an insurance company.
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer: It is important to speak with a skilled personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident. The injury lawyer can explain your rights, explain the process, and make sure to file a claim prior to the expiration of the statute of limitations.
Contact America's Personal Injury Attorneys at 1-800-INJURYS
If you or a loved one has been injured, contact the medical malpractice lawyers and personal injury attorneys at America's Personal Injury Attorneys today.